Goldfish/Crispix Snack Mix
My Own Special Blend
Prep: 10-15 minutes Bake: 1 hour
Oven: 250ºF Makes: A whole bunch
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tbsp Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp lemon and/or lime juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 6 cups Crispix® cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex®
- 1 cup Pepperidge Farm® Pretzel Goldfish
- 1 cup Pepperidge Farm® Parmesan Goldfish
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farm® Giant Cheddar Goldfish
- 1 cup Pepperidge Farm® Baby Cheddar Goldfish
- 2 cups Planters® cocktail peanuts
- Heat oven to 250ºF. Melt butter. Stir seasonings into butter. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl or roasting pan.
- Drizzle seasoning mixture over cereal mixture and stir well.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool; store in airtight container.
- This recipe is basically a conglomeration of The Original Chex Party Mix, Crispix Mix, and Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Snack Mix. Obviously there's a lot of room for improvising with this recipe. Other ingredient suggestions include: Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Ritz Bitz, Cheez-Its, bagel bites, Bugles, and more. Just make sure the cereal mixture totals 16 cups.
© Copyright 2002-2007 Christian Ziebarth