Old Family Recipe
Seasoning The Pan
- Wash in sudsy water.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Coat with unsalted fat or oil.
- Put in 300° oven for 1 hour.
- Remove excess fat or oil.
- Before using, preheat utensil for 1½ minutes on medium heat
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 heaping tablespoons sugar
- Beat egg whites until stiff. In a separate bowl blend egg yolks and all other ingredients together. Fold in egg whites.
- Preheat seasoned æbleskiver pan for a minute and a half. In each hole place 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons batter. Watch closely and turn batter delicately with knitting needle until it has heated thoroughly and formed a sphere.
- Serve with powdered sugar and jam.
- Clean æbleskiver pan when done by simply rinsing in plain, hot water, then dry.
© Copyright 2002-2007 Christian Ziebarth